You are here

Central Midlands League Round Up as Harworth surge continues

The latest Friday night match in the Black Dragon Badges North division saw Askern entertain neighbours Brodsworth Welfare at Manor Way. A well above average crowd of 60 saw the home side take the points, Jack Waldron scoring in the 69th and 89thminutes to secure a 2-0 win, writes Richard Lane.

At the top of the table, Harworth Colliery’s surge shows no sign of slowing down as they brushed aside Tideswell United 7-0 at Scrooby Road. Kenzie Tomlinson scored the first of his three on 35 minutes, Lewis Francis and Tomlinson again making it three by half time. Lee Edmondson and Sam Foulds also scored before Tomlinson completed his hat trick, Joe Green’s penalty finishing things off. A last ditch goal by Ryan Rushen put Collingham into second spot, his 92nd minute header finally ending a resolute display from Dinnington Town who played for over an hour with ten men. Another team to play the majority of the game a man short were Renishaw Rangers who went down 5-0 at home to Lincoln Moorlands Railway. Sean Cann grabbed a hat trick for the Moors, the other goals coming from Josh Martin and Jordan Curtis. Appleby Frodingham’s winless run now stretches to five games after a 2-0 defeat at Phoenix. Suhail Hussain put the hosts in front with 58 minutes played, Joe France adding the second three minutes later to take the points. Clay Cross Town’s return to form continued as three first half goals saw them to a 3-0 win at Thorne Colliery. The Millers moved into the top six with games in hand on the teams above them thanks to goals from Joel Holland on 8 minutes, Alex Hewitt after 32 and Lee Clay four minutes later.

With Sherwood Colliery’s match at Matlock falling victim to the conditions, Hucknall Town pulled level at the top of the Black Dragon Badges South table, although they left it very late to complete a 2-1 win at Blidworth Welfare. After a goalless first half, Hucknall took a 66th minute lead through Ben Jones. Scott Taylor equalised for the home side five minutes later, but Jones had the last word, his clincher coming just a minute from the end of the match. The other two teams in the top four were also winners. Pinxton travelled to Linby Colliery and came home with the points after a 3-1 win. Jay Cooper got the opener on 25 minutes, scoring again after the interval. Kye Pilmore reduced the arrears before Joe Riley made sure of the win with the last kick of the game. Eastwood were again among the goals, beating Holbrook St Michaels 7-1 at Coronation Park. Joe Butler put the Red Badgers ahead in the third minute, Rory Smith adding a second before Paul Fisher pulled a goal back for the visitors, Butler getting his second on the stroke of half time. Eastwood pulled away in the second half. Butler completed his hat trick before a Paddy Webb double and a last minute Jack James goal gave Eastwood’s goal difference a healthy boost. Hilton Harriers again showed initiative by switching their match with Swanwick to a 3G pitch at a local sports centre. They were rewarded with a point after a 2-2 draw, twice coming back from behind. Matt Phillips put the Swans ahead, Stuart Lynn levelling. Henry Brooks regained the lead for Swanwick but Hilton levelled for a second time, Chris Smith’s well struck shot ensuring a share of the points.

Only two matches survived in the Macron Sports Stoke Division One. Eastwood Community now sit 24 points clear at the top, their latest victims being Holbrook St Michaels, who went down 6-1. Eastwood’s goals came from a hat trick scored by a man known only as “Dave”, with one apiece scored by Tom Eastwood, Kurt Harrison and a Jack Smith penalty, Holbrook replying through Steve Levy. Adam Nelson registered a hat trick for Hucknall Town as they saw off Sherwood colliery 5-2. Elliott Christie and Ben Waplington were Hucknall’s other goalscorers, Liam Carver and Lewis English with the Sherwood goals.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: