You are here

Whitehawk and Gloucester release statements following last week’s after match incidents

Last Saturday Gloucester City and Whitehawk battled out a tough 1-1 draw but the game will be remembered for alleged fighting after the game between fans.

Both clubs are working with the police and any offenders will be dealt with accordingly.

Whitehawk released a statement this afternoon:

Following the incidents which occurred against Gloucester City AFC on Saturday 24th February, Whitehawk FC can confirm an investigation has taken place and is still ongoing.

Whitehawk FC takes is reputation very seriously and unfortunately some people have undermined the hard work of the Club and Fans by their actions. At the current time anyone who has been identified as being actively involved in the violence on the 24th February is no longer welcome at our games and will receive official bans.

Their photos will be kept at our gates and if they attend again they will be refused entrance, these photos will also be shared with Clubs we are playing against in “away” fixtures.

Anyone who was not actively involved but was with the perpetrators will be warned as to their future conduct at the club and reminded that their presence could be perceived as an active involvement by others and their reputations could be also be tarnished by association.

We have worked closely with Gloucester City AFC and the police with regards to this matter and have no desire to ever see a repeat of these events. We urge our fans to not get involved in social media provocation in the future as we have seen the unintended consequences of this. If anyone is concerned about safety in the future, please contact the Club and we will deal with matters through our own protocols.

Until these investigations are concluded the Club will issue no further comments.

Whilst Gloucester responded with a statement of their own:

Following incidents which occurred at Whitehawk FC on Saturday 24th February, it takes very seriously the good name of the club and will always act positively to ensure the safety of anyone attending a match whether at home or away.

As a consequence of Police enquiries and an investigation launched by the Football Association, the Club has taken a decision to suspend entry to four named individuals to any games played by the Club either at home or away until such time the said enquiries and investigations have been concluded.

We are in the process of serving Suspension letters seeking their cooperation.

The Club will then determine if further action is warranted.

Until these investigations are concluded the Club will issue no further comments.

Comments are closed.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: